Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holidays are here.....

Well, when the holiday season started I noticed I was feeling something I've never before felt. I was a scrooge!! I didn't care whether or not the season came and I just wanted it to hurry past. I've put up NO decorations- and to be quite honest, didn't plan on doing anything at my house. If you know me well, my favorite time of year is from Thanksgiving until New Years!! I LIVE for that time. I know, I've been through alot, as people are so swift to point out....... but still!!!

SO, yesterday was the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I do believe I cried through almost ALL of it!!! My amazing wonderful friend sitting next to me leaned over in the middle and said "it IS dusty in here". Haha, how did I get such wonderful understanding friends?! Anyway, I really needed to hear the words that were spoken- about how this season is about Christ. Well, to continue that thought- I got my ensign today. I opened it and decided to read a little in between classes. Let's just say- another reality check. This isn't a depressing holiday season- even when you've gone through a divorce and have no idea where your life is headed! This is a season of light and direction. It's a season of pure love and wonderful families! It's a season when we have the opportunity to serve others and really get a small taste of what eternity will be. I am not alone- nor will I ever be. I am getting blessed with an even larger family than I was blessed with when I started this mortal life! AND- I get to be with them for eternity. So, even though I am single- I will never be alone, as long as we all make the choices that lead us closer to our Father in Heaven. So, now- I can say, without any hesitation, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Charlotta-love said...

I think everyone has to have that one Christmas season where they just aren't 'in' the mood - and then have the little miracles start to appear - to make you really appreciate the season. More proof you are normal. :o)

Merry Christmas!