Monday, November 23, 2009

Here are some race pics


So, there are a couple! I just wanted to add some thoughts..... while I was out there jogging I was amazed at how impossible it seemed, just a year ago, that I would ever jog 13.1 miles! And yet, on race day, the miles and time just rushed by. Now, when people find out that I ran a half marathon they say- I could never do that. I just think to myself, you really could- it's all about your mental determination! At the end of the race, when you realize that you did that- all by yourself...... well, it's impossible to understand the emotions that came to me that day. I don't think any other day will be as special to me as the 2 hours and 38 minutes I spent running where a horrible civil war battle raged. I am excited to see where I am headed next in life and see what kind of race, running and just living, I will be a part of.
I am amazed, still, at the thought that I could accomplish a half marathon. It makes me think about how many other things I have said "I can't do that" to. Never again. :)

Well, Thanksgiving is fast approaching, so one last thought: I am so grateful for the love of all my family and friends throughout the years. I know I haven't always been the easiest person to love, yet they have always been there. :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hey sweetie...I am so far behind and am just now catching up with your life. Sounds like you have just a great attitude and you're moving on with your life. Good for you!!! In the end, you will be so much happier. I speak from experience. Remember the good things that were in your marriage, but no that things can be 1000% better when it's time.

Charlotta-love said...

It's TOTALLY a mental attitude. Same thing with triathlons. Yeah! (oh, but my mental attitude is still such that I don't want to do a 1/2 or full marathon. I'll leave that up to you!)